Betty likes fringe too! Looks like she got hers at Top Shop. Here are some other fun, fringy items available online.
My Love Affair With Menswear.
Romney Leader—Associate Fashion Editor, Style.com
The incredible Garance Dore.
As I was perusing all my favorite blogs, I came across these incredible shots from The Sartorialist and Garance Dore, which I just had to share with you. I have loved menswear for quite some time and it seems now, more than ever, this is its time to be in the spotlight. I think what I love the most is the slightly androgynous look that comes out of a woman wearing men’s clothing. It is such a unique challenge, to pull it off in a way that you still look sexy and like a woman versus just a woman in a man’s clothes. It sounds contradictory, and it is very tricky. However, when done well, the results are pretty fantastic.
The last image is of Garance herself, in an articule that Refinery 29 did on her, regarding street style. The photos of her are amazing. To see more, check it out here!
What do you think of menswear on women? Do you think it is sexy o do you prefer more feminine accents, like ruffles and bows? Do share, I would love to know your thoughts! SPxx
Photo credits: The Sartorialist, Garance Dore, Refinery 29
What I love: A Roundup of Inspiring Styles
This week’s collection of outfits:
1. What I love about it: Using a buttoned-up cropped jean jacket as a layering component.
2. What I love: The stripes, and the sailor pants.
3. What I love about it: Her high collared, structured coat.
4. What I love about it: The ankle socks!
5. What I love: The striped blazer, headband and shoulder strap purse.
6. What I love about it: That studded belt, and her nude shoes, which I own!
7. What I love about this: Well, I love everything Giovanna.
8. What I love about it: The mixing of textures and the contrasting light and dark pieces.
9. What I love: Those darn, hard-to-wear, peg legged, pleated trousers!
10. What I love: Her tulle, and sequined bandeau! (Also, is that octopus?!)
3. Garance Dore
7. Garance Dore
Jump for joy, it’s Friday!
Betty’s outfit of the day. Yum.
I am a big fan of black and gold, but have realized I also love black and silver. And, gray for that matter. This outfit that Betty, of Le Blog de Betty, has created is fantastic.
All photos via Le Blog de Betty
I am so unbelievably happy it is Friday. Maybe by the time next Monday rolls around, I will start to fall back into my normal routine. I always find it so tough to come back and regulate after having a lovely two weeks off. Anyway, here are some of my favorite pictures from around the web today. Enjoy your Saturday and Sunday sweets! (And, if you are in New York, be prepared…it is supposed to snow tomorrow!)
Photos via Le Fashion
(just so pretty)
Photo via The Sartorialist
(perfection. am in love with this outfit)
Photo via Altamira
(definitely pulls off the boyfriend jeans)
Photo via Le Blog de Betty
(love the double layering of the cardigans)
Photo via garance dore
(love the purse)