GET THE LOOK:
When you guys think of overalls, do you immediately associate them with a casual look, maybe paired with a t-shirt and sneakers? That type of outfit is of course totally cute and very easy to throw together, but I wanted to take this black denim pair up a notch, style them a little differently and show you that you can most definitely dress them up! Read on to hear why this outfit works…
WHY IT WORKS:
- The goal of this look was to elevate the casualness of these black denim overalls, so I picked a top that felt special to me and that made me feel feminine – basically something I would typically wear to get dressed up and go out.
- The bell sleeved blouse brings a 70s vibe but when paired with a peacoat and pointed booties, the look becomes a bit more modern and creates an interesting juxtaposition.
- The jewel tone colors of the top feels glam, while the overalls still keep it comfy and casual.
- The top is really the statement piece, so I stuck with black accessories to keep everything simple.
- I wore my pointed patent leather rain booties because it was supposed to rain all day but if it wasn’t wet and rainy outside I would have swapped them out for my favorite classic black booties, which are also currently 25 percent off! (If you are in the market for a pair of chic boots to wear in the rain, check these out.)
And there you have it! If you have ANY questions, please feel free to leave a comment below or you can send me a message on Instagram – my handle is @mystylepill. I hope you enjoyed this type of explanatory post so let me know if you want me to keep doing them! xo
SHOP THE POST: