Whenever I step backstage, I am always in awe of how many people it takes to make everything happen. There are stylists, makeup artists, hair stylists, nail artists, coordinators, photographers, media, press, you name it and everyone has a very specific and timely job to do. It looks a bit like pure chaos, but everyone just works together to make the magic happen that we see on the runway.
The Tracy Reese SS16 collection was inspired by light; focusing on a theme of transparency and layering fabrics together. By using sequins and beautiful rhinestones, Tracy incorporated shine and sparkle but in subtle and organic ways. The beauty look translated by celebrating shine and luminosity, giving off a natural yet modern, fresh aesthetic.
Doing a final run thru before the show.
Tracy Reese Spring/Summer 2016 Makeup:
1. Prep your skin for a glowing, luminous finish. First, use the Satin Lips Mask, which is the best prep for lipstick ever. Apply it to the lips for 1-2 minutes to
2. Mix TimeWise Repair® Volu-Firm Night Treatment with Retinol
with TimeWise® Luminous-Wear Liquid Foundation
to get that radiant look. You can use Mary Kay Concealer under your eyes as needed.
3. Apply Mary Kay Extra Emollient Night Cream on the brow bone and around the eye area for a subtle glow.
1. Create a defined lash by using Lash Love Lengthening Mascara in black.
3. On top of the shadow, use Mary Kay’s At Play Bold Fluid Eyeliner in Gold Metal
but make sure to blend it in with the shadow, downward and across the
lash line using a pointy brush.
1. Now that your lips are prepped, use True Dimensions Lipstick in Sizzling Red to get a dewy, “bitten” lip by dabbing on just above the top lip line and blend with fingers to create a stain.
2. Apply NouriShine Plus Lip Gloss in Pink Wink on top to the center of the lip.
1. You want to get a “just caught in the wind” look so use Mary Kay At Play Lip
& Cheek Stick in Peach Pop for fair skin or Razzleberry dark skin, which will give you a soft, rosy glow. Make sure to apply in a circular motion and
blend until you get a soft stain.
2. Optional: Apply rhinestone “freckles” for a bit of sparkle!
Et voila! You just recreated the exact look that was worn at the Tracy Reese show, so congratulations! Now go out on the town and flaunt it! :)