After five years of blogging, I’ve definitely shared bits and pieces about myself with you guys, but never created a dedicated post about my favorite things or funny quirks. So, here are 30 things you probably didn’t know about me. xo
1. I grew up on oldies and am well versed on most songs from the 1940s to the 1970s.
2. I am only child.
3. I find drying my hair (no matter the length) the most tedious thing in the world.
4. I am not super into sweets and consider myself more of a salt-t00th if you will. I always joke that my perfect dessert would be a glass of crisp Sauvignon Blanc and a plate of truffle fries.
5. If I do eat dessert, I opt for Peanut Butter Chocolate, Chocolate Chocolate Chip or Coffee Häagen-Dazs ice cream.
6. I grew up in Seattle and visit my family and friends multiples times a year.
7. I am a super sappy romantic at heart and am a sucker for most love songs.
8. I have a love for old school (and new) country music.
9. I began dancing when I was 7 and continued until I was 21.
10. My favorite movies growing up were (and still are) The Music Man and Singing in the Rain.
11. I studied abroad in Paris during 2002 and have had a love affair with the city ever since.
12. I am a bag girl through and through.
13. I love Friends – give me a trivia on that show and I will nail it every time.
14. My favorite coffee drink as a treat, is a tall, 2% mocha with two pumps of hazelnut and a little bit of whip cream on top.
15. I am incredibly close with my parents and talk to them multiples times a day.
16. Our dog, Barney, is the absolute love of my life.
17. I think of myself as more of a type-B person, which has it’s positives and negatives.
18. I color coordinate all of my clothing.
19. I am a Cancer and born in late June. I love astrology and find it fascinating to learn about other people’s signs.
20. I love sushi but am completely freaked out by eel.
21. I am a night owl and have a hard time going to bed at a normal hour. With that said, I am also not a morning person and love to sleep in.
22. I have an extremely vivid imagination, which makes me despise horror movies.
23. I didn’t grow up playing sports but I have a strong arm and can throw a football and baseball fairly well.
24. I’ve lived in New York for almost ten years.
25. I snap by putting my thumb, pinky and ring finger together.
26. I can pick things up off the floor with my toes.
27. After a long flight, my comfort food is two pieces of cheese pizza with Franks Red Hot Sauce on top, and a Diet Coke with ice.
28. I don’t have any tattoos, but I had my belly button pierced when I was 18.
29. I love perfume and own at least 20 different kinds.
30. I’ve had the same stuffed animal since I was two and his name is Floppsy Bunny.