Today’s Paper Doll feature is showing how to add/layer a dose of polka dots to an outfit. I absolutely adore this sheer version from H&M and so I thought it would be fun to do a mini remix and show you two different ways of doing so.
What I’m Wearing: 1. H&M Polka-dotted Blouse / Poetrie “I’m Seeing Spots” Skirt 2. Gray Sheer Nylons (Drugstore) / Seychelles Suede Pumps. 3. F21 Sweater / Charlotte Russe Necklace 4. Zara Cape / Ann Taylor Loft Faux Fur Collar
How To Recreate It:
1. I started out by mixing two polka-dotted patterns.
2. I tucked the top into the skirt and chose sheer gray tights versus the typical black to give some “warmth” to the outfit. The gray-brown tone of the nylons goes better with the suede rust-colored Seychelles pumps.
3. Next I chose a neutral-colored sweater to layer over the blouse that blended well with the outfit but that didn’t take away from the overall look. I picked a clear statement necklace to act as pretty, yet subtle accessory.
4. Lastly, I stuck with my warm-toned theme and slipped on my favorite camel cape from Zara. Then finally, the ever-so-handy detachable Ann Taylor Loft Faux Fur Collar from my hunter green blazer went on top for the finishing touch.
How To Recreate It:
1. This time, I paired the polka-dots with a solid colored skirt for a little juxtaposition play.
2. I tucked the blouse into the skirt and opted for tall boots to keep a long and fluid silhouette due to the mid-calf length of the skirt.
3. The gray, white and brown combination needed a punch of color so I went for my favorite rust-colored, boatneck knit. I made sure that the polka-dots peeked through by pushing up the sleeves of the sweater.
4. Lastly, I finished off the look with a brown tweed blazer and once again “layered” the sleeves by pushing them up and allowing the pattern of the blouse to show. Final touch: a sparkly necklace.
***Please feel free to leave suggestions for the next Paper Doll feature in the comments!***