Happy Friday loves. How was everyone’s week? Tomorrow is my Birthday and I am very excited. The celebrating actually started last night when Casey surprised me with tickets to see Romeo & Juliet at Lincoln Center. As someone who danced ballet and pointe for many years, watching this performance was pretty incredible. I definitely got choked up at the end when the dancers came out and took their bows. Such amazing talent!
Tonight we are getting together at my new favorite spot in Williamsburg, Midnights, (remember this post?) for a low key gathering with lots of rosé, oysters and french fries. Saturday is my actual Birthday, but I have no idea what we are doing because it’s a surprise, which I love. I’ll be sure to share the details with you guys next week. :)
Happy Birthday to all you June babies and I hope everyone has a fun and fabulous weekend!
It’s been quite the journey (over a year in a fact) from when I first decided to dye my hair a raspberry red color for a collaboration with L’Oreal (watch the YouTube video here) to then deciding to become a full-fledged blonde. But let’s back up a bit and start from the beginning…
On Monday I helped celebrate the launch of The Dreaming Tree 2015 Sonoma County Sauvignon Blanc, which was created by Dave Matthews and award-winning winemaker Sean McKenzie, at a beautiful outdoor party inside one of New York’s best-kept secret gardens, The New York Marble Cemetery…read more >
I haven’t done an “Over the Weekend” post in a while, but thought it would be a fun series to bring back. Do you guys enjoy them? Let me know in the comments if you want to see more posts like these!
So on Friday afternoon I headed out to Brick, New Jersey for a girl’s weekend at my one friend’s new weekend house she just bought. It was a much needed getaway and I savored every second of it. Being a water baby (my Birthday is this Saturday!) I am totally at peace staring at the water every day. Click the read more to see more photos…
This past Sunday we headed out to Rockaway for our first beach day of the season. I wore this bikini, and came prepared with all of my favorite beach beauty products to make sure that I was protected from being in the sun all afternoon. Read on to see why I love each of these products shown above!
(*Disclaimer: I know that not all of the items list are beauty products, but I like to think they each play an essential part in having a relaxing and successful beach day!)
1. Sisley Paris Tinted Sunscreen Cream SPF 30: If you want that natural looking glow, this product is worth every penny. It gives you that sun-kissed, fresh faced look that every girl hopes to have after a day at the beach, while still protecting your skin.
2. Karen Walker Super Duper Thistle Sunglasses: Even though sunglasses aren’t a beauty product, I consider accessories just as important when at the beach. Because I have really sensitive eyes, I love oversized sunnies when spending a day in the sun. This pair is so big I swear they cover half my face!
3. Moroccanoil Sun Lotion SPF 50: You can’t go wrong with a good-smelling, moisturizing and fast-absorbing sunscreen that is also 50 SPF and water-resistant. Win, win all around!
4. Oribe Impermeable Anti-Humidity Spray: I have naturally wavy hair but struggle with taming the frizz when the humidity is in full force. This spray helps tame and style my hair despite what the weather might be like.
5. Supergoop! Defense Refresh Setting Mist SPF 50: I was recently introduced to this product at the brand’s press preview and fell in love with it. It’s perfect for when you have already applied your sunscreen but want to quickly reset and refresh without having to rub more cream all over your face. Easy, peasy.
7. Alexandre de Paris Thin Hair Clip: Instead of using a rubber band, which can leave a dent in your hair, try a sleek clip as an alternative when pulling your hair up into a bun, which will help avoid damaging your ends.
10.Triple C BluCube Bluetooth Speaker: This little speaker cube packs a lot of punch and is perfect for jamming out to tunes with friends. Casey and I currently obsessed with the Hamilton soundtrack. It’s. So. Good.
11. Supergoop! Shine-On Lip Screen Broad Spectrum SPF 50: Even though I might skip wearing mascara at the beach, I love popping on a bright lipstick for fun photo opps. But don’t forget how important it is to protect that kisser! This lip screen offers a soft-shine topcoat that transforms lip color into a powerful UV shield by defending lips from dehydration and photoaging. The clear topcoat allows your base color to show through, highlighting it with a soft shine and water-resistant finish.
12: Wide-brimmed Straw Hat: I try and protect my face from the sun as much as possible, so any type of wide-brimmed hat is a must, must, must-have for me! I am currently loving a vintage one that Keiko gave me, but any beachy hat will do, as long as the brim actually offers substantial coverage. :)
Hope you guys enjoyed this post! Please leave any questions or comments below!
Lately I’ve been into wearing simple pieces like jeans and button-downs and adding fun accessories to pack a bit of punch. With this outfit I opted for some pattern play (stripes x leopard) and finally got to break out my new strappy lace-up heels from Schutz.
This past Saturday was a busy one. I tried a Tabata core class for the first time, which makes laughing, sneezing or getting up from sitting down, particularly painful because I am so sore! Casey and I had a nice breakfast at one of our favorite cafes and then had a slew of parties to go to (one going away party for a dear friend of mine, one Birthday party for a client of mine and a wrap party for Casey’s job at Netflix), and had a great time bouncing around the city all night.
Now onto the outfit! I just bought this jumpsuit from Zara and loved how breezy and comfortable it was to wear…read more >