This week’s “Crazy About” feature covers my go-to travel essentials. I am running around so much and in airplanes often that I had to come up with key essentials to have on hand for those days when I need to freshen up in a flash. And since I usually like to look somewhat put together when stepping off the plane at any hour, these items often come in handy.
When up in the air, I am all about a neck pillow, a window seat and sleeping in some version of the fetal position smooshed up against said window. After deplaning, I head to the bathroom to assess the damage after what is usually a long flight and what leaves me looking like a zombie. That is where all these key items come into play…
1. First, I start by cleaning my face with Neutrogena face wipes to get rid of any and all residual makeup or mascara from the night before.
2. Then I smooth on Laura Mercier’s tinted moisturizer, which has the benefits of acting as a face lotion, coverup and sunscreen all in one.
3. Then I swipe on a couple coats of Rimmel Volume mascara, which I discovered while in London and love how long it makes my lashes look, which also helps makes your eyes look brighter and more awake.
4. Next, I spray my hair a couple times with dry shampoo – I usually use this one by Arrojo, but since it’s too big too fit in a small clutch, I usually opt for TREsemmes Fresh Start dry shampoo, but really any will do.
5. One thing I definitely always like to have on hand are various small perfumes – either samples or mini oils or sprays. In my opinion, next to deodorant, a light spritz of a soft perfume is just the thing to make you feel refreshed and ready for the day. I like this lovely fig tree scent by Diptique because is so different than anything I’ve smelled. I got my travel size as a perk when I bought a candle and opened up a credit card earlier this year at Nordstrom, but they should have them in-stores and they have it in a travel size roll-on version, which is also great.
6. Recently, I’ve added these Orbit mini gums to my roundup ever since I saw them on Laney’s instagram and then again at the drugstore in California – also I’m pretty much a sucker for anything mini. Gum is absolutely necessary after a long flight as is a big bottle of water. Fresh breath and hydration are key.
7. And lastly, my favorite thing ever, Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede lipstick. I own about eight of them and carry at least three with me at all times, because depending on my mood or what I’m wearing, I like to have options. And there you have it – my handful of travel essentials that I carry in this cute little blue clutch by Clare Vivier.
I hope this post has been somewhat helpful for those you of that travel often, or just for the everyday girl on the go. :) Now, I would love to know what your go-to travel/on-the-go key players are that you just can’t live without. Please share in the comments! xo