This past Sunday we headed out to Rockaway for our first beach day of the season. I wore this bikini, and came prepared with all of my favorite beach beauty products to make sure that I was protected from being in the sun all afternoon. Read on to see why I love each of these products shown above!
(*Disclaimer: I know that not all of the items list are beauty products, but I like to think they each play an essential part in having a relaxing and successful beach day!)
1. Sisley Paris Tinted Sunscreen Cream SPF 30: If you want that natural looking glow, this product is worth every penny. It gives you that sun-kissed, fresh faced look that every girl hopes to have after a day at the beach, while still protecting your skin.
2. Karen Walker Super Duper Thistle Sunglasses: Even though sunglasses aren’t a beauty product, I consider accessories just as important when at the beach. Because I have really sensitive eyes, I love oversized sunnies when spending a day in the sun. This pair is so big I swear they cover half my face!
3. Moroccanoil Sun Lotion SPF 50: You can’t go wrong with a good-smelling, moisturizing and fast-absorbing sunscreen that is also 50 SPF and water-resistant. Win, win all around!
4. Oribe Impermeable Anti-Humidity Spray: I have naturally wavy hair but struggle with taming the frizz when the humidity is in full force. This spray helps tame and style my hair despite what the weather might be like.
5. Supergoop! Defense Refresh Setting Mist SPF 50: I was recently introduced to this product at the brand’s press preview and fell in love with it. It’s perfect for when you have already applied your sunscreen but want to quickly reset and refresh without having to rub more cream all over your face. Easy, peasy.
6. Mar y Sol ‘Capri’ Woven Tote with Pom Charms: You can’t go wrong with a cute tote to carry all your must-haves with you when trekking out to the beach for a fun day in the sun. I mean, how cute are those pom-poms!
7. Alexandre de Paris Thin Hair Clip: Instead of using a rubber band, which can leave a dent in your hair, try a sleek clip as an alternative when pulling your hair up into a bun, which will help avoid damaging your ends.
8. Sisley Paris ‘Phyto-Eye Twist’ All in One Eyeshadow, Pencil & Eyeliner in Copper: I don’t usually wear eye makeup at the beach, but if we head out for drinks or dinner after a day in the sun, I’ll swipe some of this bronze eye pencil on for a shimmery glow.
9. Colorescience Sunforgettable Loose Mineral Sunscreen Brush Broad Spectrum SPF 50: What’s better than sunscreen powder with a built in brush?! I love to use this product when I need to touch up my face with a little coverage while protecting it at the same time.
10.Triple C BluCube Bluetooth Speaker: This little speaker cube packs a lot of punch and is perfect for jamming out to tunes with friends. Casey and I currently obsessed with the Hamilton soundtrack. It’s. So. Good.
11. Supergoop! Shine-On Lip Screen Broad Spectrum SPF 50: Even though I might skip wearing mascara at the beach, I love popping on a bright lipstick for fun photo opps. But don’t forget how important it is to protect that kisser! This lip screen offers a soft-shine topcoat that transforms lip color into a powerful UV shield by defending lips from dehydration and photoaging. The clear topcoat allows your base color to show through, highlighting it with a soft shine and water-resistant finish.
12: Wide-brimmed Straw Hat: I try and protect my face from the sun as much as possible, so any type of wide-brimmed hat is a must, must, must-have for me! I am currently loving a vintage one that Keiko gave me, but any beachy hat will do, as long as the brim actually offers substantial coverage. :)
Hope you guys enjoyed this post! Please leave any questions or comments below!