May 7, 2013
May 3, 2013
1. J.Crew Stitchwork Stripe Top / 2. J.Crew Crossed Lines Scarf / 3. Goorin Bros. “The Don” / 4. Spitfire Wayfarer Sunglasses / 5. TKEES Flip Flops / 6. Forever 21 High-Waisted Distressed Cutoffs
Today’s Friday Favorites is inspired by New Orleans and Jazz Fest. I am down here this weekend and wanted to come up with some cute outfits to wear over the next few days especially since it’s supposed to be 70 degrees and sunny. I think the key to enjoying yourself at any outdoor festival or activity is to be comfortable so for me it’s a variation of the outfit above. For those of you that are musical festival fans, what are your go-to pieces to stay comfortable but still feel cute? xo
May 1, 2013
Photos by: My Dad
With Mother’s Day quickly approaching, I thought it would be fun to do a little styling post featuring my Mom. So I teamed up with Ann Taylor to create a fun shopping day for me and my Mom. We headed in and decided to pick out similar colored pieces so that we could coordinate our final looks with one another. It was such a blast to spend an afternoon together and the team at Ann Taylor was very helpful, which made everything much easier.
These last four photos sum us up – we can be super goofy and we always find ourselves laughing together. My Mom is my best friend and I am so extremely lucky to have her in my life. I love you Mom! xo
(Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by Ann Taylor, however all content and styling are authentically my Mother’s and my own.)
May 1, 2013
1. The Number One 2. The Harvest 3. Helter Skelter / 4. Deep Freeze / 5. Super Duper Strength
I have been a huge fan of Karen Walker’s sunglasses for years now and have slowly been working on a creating a curated collection of my favorites from all her different styles. Her sunnies tend to run on the pricey side, but as someone who practically lives in mine I decided the cost per wear was worth it. :) A few other places that have great sunglasses that I have been loving lately are, TOMS, Bon Look and of course, Ray-Ban. What are you favorite sunglass brands?
April 29, 2013
TOMS Sunglasses (c/o) / J.Crew Panama Hat / Rag & Bone Shirt / Paige Denim Shorts c/o) / UGG Australia Lucianna Marrakech Wedge Sandal and Small Crochet Bag (c/o)
Photos by: My Dad :)
We took in this gorgeous view at one of the Missions we stopped at during our road trip through California. I found the landscape so beautiful and don’t you just love that special smell of sunshine mixed with fresh west coast air? I think it’s pretty amazing. xo
April 25, 2013
Karen Walker Super Duper Strength Sunglasses / Parker Blazer (borrowed – also available in pink) / Zara Tank / Clover Canyon Shorts (borrowed) / Stuart Weitzman Pumps (also found here - c/o) / Aldo Bracelets / Sally Hansen Complete Salon Nail Polish in “Peach of Cake”
Photos taken by my Dad during our brief, but memorable stay in Santa Barbara.
April 24, 2013
1. Neutrogena Make-Up Remover Cleansing Towelettes / 2. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer / 3. Rimmel Volume Flash Scandaleyes Mascara / 4. TRESemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo Spray / 5. Diptique Philosykos Eau de Parfum (here is the roll-on version but the travel size spray should also be available in stores) / 6. Orbit Mini Micro Gum / 7. Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede Lipstick / Clare Vivier Flat Clutch
This week’s “Crazy About” feature covers my go-to travel essentials. I am running around so much and in airplanes often that I had to come up with key essentials to have on hand for those days when I need to freshen up in a flash. And since I usually like to look somewhat put together when stepping off the plane at any hour, these items often come in handy.
When up in the air, I am all about a neck pillow, a window seat and sleeping in some version of the fetal position smooshed up against said window. After deplaning, I head to the bathroom to assess the damage after what is usually a long flight and what leaves me looking like a zombie. That is where all these key items come into play…
1. First, I start by cleaning my face with Neutrogena face wipes to get rid of any and all residual makeup or mascara from the night before.
2. Then I smooth on Laura Mercier’s tinted moisturizer, which has the benefits of acting as a face lotion, coverup and sunscreen all in one.
3. Then I swipe on a couple coats of Rimmel Volume mascara, which I discovered while in London and love how long it makes my lashes look, which also helps makes your eyes look brighter and more awake.
4. Next, I spray my hair a couple times with dry shampoo – I usually use this one by Arrojo, but since it’s too big too fit in a small clutch, I usually opt for TREsemmes Fresh Start dry shampoo, but really any will do.
5. One thing I definitely always like to have on hand are various small perfumes – either samples or mini oils or sprays. In my opinion, next to deodorant, a light spritz of a soft perfume is just the thing to make you feel refreshed and ready for the day. I like this lovely fig tree scent by Diptique because is so different than anything I’ve smelled. I got my travel size as a perk when I bought a candle and opened up a credit card earlier this year at Nordstrom, but they should have them in-stores and they have it in a travel size roll-on version, which is also great.
6. Recently, I’ve added these Orbit mini gums to my roundup ever since I saw them on Laney’s instagram and then again at the drugstore in California – also I’m pretty much a sucker for anything mini. Gum is absolutely necessary after a long flight as is a big bottle of water. Fresh breath and hydration are key.
7. And lastly, my favorite thing ever, Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede lipstick. I own about eight of them and carry at least three with me at all times, because depending on my mood or what I’m wearing, I like to have options. And there you have it – my handful of travel essentials that I carry in this cute little blue clutch by Clare Vivier.
I hope this post has been somewhat helpful for those you of that travel often, or just for the everyday girl on the go. :) Now, I would love to know what your go-to travel/on-the-go key players are that you just can’t live without. Please share in the comments! xo
April 23, 2013
Karen Walker “Super Duper Strength” Sunglasses / J.Crew Blouse / Clover Canyon Shorts (c/o) / HRH Necklace / UGG Australia Lucianna Wedges and Straw Mini Flap Bag (c/o) / J.Crew, H&M and Misc. Bracelets
I am so excited to finally bring back the Paper Doll series and with the Creative Council by UGG Australia, no less. My first remix is all about my take on festival style at Coachella. I decided to add in a touch of Palm Springs luxe and make my outfits a bit more polished instead of just opting for jean shorts of some kind. I centered my outfits around these cute, and comfy I might add, Lucianna Wedges. My first outfit I styled around the pink wedges and made it playful and bright. My second outfit (below) I used the black wedges to give the outfit a darker, sophisticated and glam feel. These were so fun to create and I have the talented Joy Jacobs to thank for snapping these photos. Here is the full, still layout if you would like to look at each individual image without me dancing around. :)
And now here is my take on styling up the black Lucianna wedges. I hope you enjoy these as much as I had making them! xo
Karen Walker “Super Duper Strength” Sunglasses / Rebecca Taylor Blouse (c/o) / French Connection “Sable Striped” Shorts / HRH Necklace / UGG Australia Lucianna Wedges and Alia Clutch (c/o) /F21 Denim Vest / J.Crew Bangle / Coach Watch
To see more fun photos from Coachella, follow me on Instragram!
This post is a collaboration with the Creative Council by UGG Australia.