1. J.Crew Stitchwork Stripe Top / 2. J.Crew Crossed Lines Scarf / 3. Goorin Bros. “The Don” / 4. Spitfire Wayfarer Sunglasses / 5. TKEES Flip Flops / 6. Forever 21 High-Waisted Distressed Cutoffs
Today’s Friday Favorites is inspired by New Orleans and Jazz Fest. I am down here this weekend and wanted to come up with some cute outfits to wear over the next few days especially since it’s supposed to be 70 degrees and sunny. I think the key to enjoying yourself at any outdoor festival or activity is to be comfortable so for me it’s a variation of the outfit above. For those of you that are musical festival fans, what are your go-to pieces to stay comfortable but still feel cute? xo
Stila Liquid Liner (in Turquoise – c/o) / Sally Hansen Nail Polish (in Peach of Cake – c/o) / Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Liquid Sunscreen / Leila Lou Oil / Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipshine (in Plexi Pink - c/o)
I am currently road tripping with my family still, so today’s “Friday Favorites” had to be taken on my iPhone and quickly uploaded before we headed out to explore Sonoma. These five things have been my go-to items over the past week and a half and have kept my morning routine low key but still colorful. Since I have been spending a lot of time outside either at Coachella or by a pool, and now am spending a lot of time sitting in the car, I haven’t been wearing a ton of makeup. So I just make sure to slather on face sunscreen, add a bright pop of color with my lip color and eyeline. This way, I feel fresh faced and put together in seconds. I have also been loving Sally Hansen’s Salon Manicure polish in “Peach of Cake,” which was in our gift bag this past weekend. The brush is fat and wide, which makes painting nails much easier in my opinion. Lastly, before I go anywhere, I always roll on a touch of my favorite scented oil by Leila Lou. It’s one of my favorites to wear because it’s fresh and flowery – the perfect scent to wear during the spring and summer. Hope you’ve enjoyed today’s Friday Favorites and I will see you all on Monday! Have a great weekend! xo
1. UGG Lucianna Marrakech Espadrilles (c/o) / 2. French Connection Sable Striped Shorts / 3. J.Crew Panama Hat, Karen Walker Helter Skelter Sunglasses, Neutrogena Wet Skin Sunblock / OndadeMar “Persia” Bathing Suit (c/o) / Aldo Silver Bracelets
Today’s Friday Favorites are all based off of my items I brought with me to Coachella. I am excited to photograph all my outfits from this weekend, but for now here are some detail shots of my favorite festival-style essentials. Happy Friday and have a great weekend! xo
Happy Friday! Here are five things I’m loving at the moment.
1. New face creams from Restorsea (c/o) – the most magical products ever. / 2. A giant mug from Alaska courtesy of my good friend, Nate. Best surprise present I’ve gotten in a while. / 3. TOMS Sunglasses (c/o) – love the cause behind this brand. / 4. New UGG sandals (c/o) just begging to be worn to Coachella in two weeks. / 5. One of many favorite scents, Baies Noire, from diptique. Finally broke down and bought a full sized candle. Go big or go home, right?
See my previous Friday Favorites here! Happy Weekend! xo
(This is not a sponsored post. All items listed in a Friday Favorites post are chosen by me because I truly love and support the product.)
1. This Estee Lauder Lipstick is the perfect color for this time of year. I can’t wait to wear it with a sparkly dress to a holiday party. 2. When I am working from home, I always light this Le Labo Candle, which immediately makes the whole room smell amazing. 3. I recently picked out this Juicy Couture Necklace (c/o) at a holiday event and have been pairing it with simple pieces, such as a plaid button down or a gray v-neck. It gives every outfit the perfect amount of sparkle.
After four years of blogging and mainly featuring my personal outfits, I’ve decided it’s time to branch out a bit and integrate some different types of posts onto My Style Pill. Today, I am excited to share the first of the “Friday Favorites” series! The items featured are and will be strictly things that I love and that are truly some of favorite things at the moment. There may be pieces that were gifted to me, but the only way anything (gifted or not) will make its way into one of these posts, is if I truly love it. So, with that said, I hope you enjoy some of my favorite things! (*I may not post one every Friday, but will try to bring my favorite things to you as often as possible.)
1. A makeup stylist on a recent shoot introduced me to DiorSkin Creme-Gel and I was hooked. It gives great coverage but also makes your skin look fresh and slightly dewy. 2. Come the colder seasons, I am all about a dark nail. I have tried many and love many, but right now Estee Lauder’s “Black Iris” Nail Polish is my favorite. It’s dramatic and slighly vampy in the best way. 3. These gorgeous Hearts On Fire Diamond Bands (c/o) hold a very special place in my heart. Last year I landed my first big job and was in an advertisement for Hearts On Fire, where it ran in various magazines for the better part of 2012. During the shoot, I got to wear all sorts of diamonds, but at the end, I was generously gifted these three rings, which was pretty amazing. You can see my past posts (here, here and here) on how I’ve worn these rings, and the advertisement here.
Need I say more about these Zara Shoes? The best part was I snagged them on sale!
A few years ago, my good friend gave me this LuLu Organics Hair Powder as a gift. I still have it and use it on days when I don’t have time to wash my hair. It leaves my hair smelling nice and freshens it up without feeling too product heavy. 2. I have been wearing scented oils for years, but when I finally came across Tenzing Momo & Co’s “Egyptian Musk” Oil while in the Pike Place Market in Seattle, I fell in love. I can’t even describe how lovely this scent is – like a combo between slightly sweet and fresh. I even get stopped on the street by people asking me what scent I am wearing. :) 3. People have mixed feelings on how L’Oreal Elnett Satin Color,-Treated Hair Hairspray smells, but regardless, it still works the best out of most products I have tried. And I love that it is for colored hair – I found this little can while in London.
Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoyed today’s post! Have a happy Friday and a fantastic weekend! xo