Happy Wednesday! So, I am back in New Orleans (again)! But this time, I am only here for a day or two before I head to Mobile, Alabama with friends to attend Hangout Fest, which is part of my Creative Council project with UGG Australia. I will be creating two more Paper Doll outfit remixes around these shoes and bag and will share them next week, but in the meantime here is a very similar outfit I will most likely be living in this weekend. I hope you all are having a lovely day! xo
1. Giraffe Print / 2. Table Lamp / 3. Pillow / 4. Striped Throw / 5. Hollywood Coasters
Although this blog is mostly about fashion and style, I like to keep things fresh and new by adding different types of content from time to time. Right now what’s really on my mind (besides what I’m wearing tomorrow) is my apartment. Lately I have been scouring the web for inspiration to find new decor since I feel my little abode is in need of a definite facelift. And since I am painting one wall (maybe this color?) this weekend, I wanted to find some decorative pieces that were neutral in color but still chic and classy. I also decided to start a new Pinterest board that will be filled with my apartment inspiration, so you can follow along here! In the meantime, here are five things I’m currently crazy about right now. xo
P.S. I would love to know what decor sites and pieces you’re loving at the moment, so if you have a second, I’d love it if you’d leave a link or two in the comments below!
1. The Number One 2. The Harvest 3. Helter Skelter / 4. Deep Freeze / 5. Super Duper Strength
I have been a huge fan of Karen Walker’s sunglasses for years now and have slowly been working on a creating a curated collection of my favorites from all her different styles. Her sunnies tend to run on the pricey side, but as someone who practically lives in mine I decided the cost per wear was worth it. :) A few other places that have great sunglasses that I have been loving lately are, TOMS, Bon Look and of course, Ray-Ban. What are you favorite sunglass brands?
1. Neutrogena Make-Up Remover Cleansing Towelettes / 2. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer / 3. Rimmel Volume Flash Scandaleyes Mascara / 4. TRESemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo Spray / 5. Diptique Philosykos Eau de Parfum (here is the roll-on version but the travel size spray should also be available in stores) / 6. Orbit Mini Micro Gum / 7. Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede Lipstick / Clare Vivier Flat Clutch
This week’s “Crazy About” feature covers my go-to travel essentials. I am running around so much and in airplanes often that I had to come up with key essentials to have on hand for those days when I need to freshen up in a flash. And since I usually like to look somewhat put together when stepping off the plane at any hour, these items often come in handy.
When up in the air, I am all about a neck pillow, a window seat and sleeping in some version of the fetal position smooshed up against said window. After deplaning, I head to the bathroom to assess the damage after what is usually a long flight and what leaves me looking like a zombie. That is where all these key items come into play…
1. First, I start by cleaning my face with Neutrogena face wipes to get rid of any and all residual makeup or mascara from the night before.
2. Then I smooth on Laura Mercier’s tinted moisturizer, which has the benefits of acting as a face lotion, coverup and sunscreen all in one.
3. Then I swipe on a couple coats of Rimmel Volume mascara, which I discovered while in London and love how long it makes my lashes look, which also helps makes your eyes look brighter and more awake.
4. Next, I spray my hair a couple times with dry shampoo – I usually use this one by Arrojo, but since it’s too big too fit in a small clutch, I usually opt for TREsemmes Fresh Start dry shampoo, but really any will do.
5. One thing I definitely always like to have on hand are various small perfumes – either samples or mini oils or sprays. In my opinion, next to deodorant, a light spritz of a soft perfume is just the thing to make you feel refreshed and ready for the day. I like this lovely fig tree scent by Diptique because is so different than anything I’ve smelled. I got my travel size as a perk when I bought a candle and opened up a credit card earlier this year at Nordstrom, but they should have them in-stores and they have it in a travel size roll-on version, which is also great.
6. Recently, I’ve added these Orbit mini gums to my roundup ever since I saw them on Laney’s instagram and then again at the drugstore in California – also I’m pretty much a sucker for anything mini. Gum is absolutely necessary after a long flight as is a big bottle of water. Fresh breath and hydration are key.
7. And lastly, my favorite thing ever, Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede lipstick. I own about eight of them and carry at least three with me at all times, because depending on my mood or what I’m wearing, I like to have options. And there you have it – my handful of travel essentials that I carry in this cute little blue clutch by Clare Vivier.
I hope this post has been somewhat helpful for those you of that travel often, or just for the everyday girl on the go. :) Now, I would love to know what your go-to travel/on-the-go key players are that you just can’t live without. Please share in the comments! xo
Jimmy Choo Anouk Metallic Leather Pumps / Zara Laminated High-Heel Sandals / ALDO Essi Pump / Stuart Weitzman “Naughty” Pump / J.Crew Valentina Mirror Metallic Pumps
After yesterday’s post, I got a lot of emails wondering where was the best place to find cute silver pumps. So, I decided to do a little roundup for you guys! Hope you enjoy! xo
1. Splendid Very Light Jersey V-Neck Top / 2. James Perse Casual Tee / 3. Rag & Bone / JEAN The Basic Brando Tee (I also own and LOVE this version) / 4. Vince Sheer Pocket Tee / 5. Forever 21 V-Neck Tee
I am always in search of the perfect white tee, whether it’s a v-neck or crew, has pocket or no pocket, I am constantly scouring the web and combing different stores in hopes of finding exactly what I’m looking for. The end goal is a shirt that lays well across my chest area, doesn’t pull, isn’t too tight in the arms and drapes just so in the front. (No judgement, but Helena and I have had actual discussions about what constitues the perfect white tee.) So far, I’ve come extremely close with The Jackson Tee by Rag & Bone, all thanks to Alicia who wore hers to brunch the other day and just looked so effortless and chic, I had to go buy one for myself. But, I always like to have backups – different options and styles and so forth – so I decided to pull together some of my favorite basic, classic white t-shirts from around the interwebs, all varying in style and price points – and share them with you all. Hope you enjoy! xo