Happy Wednesday! I am super excited to share with you all that I have partnered up with Go Try It On, which is an amazing site wholly dedicated to helping you look good by giving instant and honest feedback about your outfit. (You can check out my profile and first outfit here!)
The reason this site is so awesome is because it was created by a woman for women! You know the drill. You’re standing in front of either the bedroom or dressing room mirror, wondering if what you have on looks okay. Well, here’s your chance to see what people think, simply by uploading a photo and letting the fashion community over at GTIO share their thoughts and opinions. Don’t worry though, the policy is always “helpful, not hurtful” so you don’t have to stress about people leaving mean or negative comments. I love it because it’s all about being constructive and helping/wanting you to look your best.
So, back to today’s contest. I am keenly aware that I have an extremely hard time answering all the reader mail I recieve from all you wonderful readers, asking me for styling advice and how to wear certain items. So, with that said, this coming Friday at 7PM EST, I will be spending an hour online at the lovely offices of GTIO, offering up styling advice to three wonderful readers of My Style Pill. I am beyond excited about this and hope you are too!
(Disclaimer: I don’t think my advice is the end all or super high and mighty, but being a personal stylist and wardrobe consultant is part of my job outside of the blog, so I want to give back to you wonderful readers by engaging in this fun and creative activity with you!)
Alright, so here are the guidelines to enter this giveaway:
- Head to Go Try It On and create a profile. (I kid you not, it will literally take you 30 seconds and is as simple as 1, 2, 3 to sign up. I merely signed in through my gmail account). You can even get a nifty app for your phone right here!
- Once you have created your profile, click on the button “Get An Opinion,” which is located at the top left hand of the page.
- Then, choose the option “Which Looks Best,” which is where you can upload multiple outfit photos. You must upload at least two different two outfits (maximum is four).
- You can use a webcam to send in the photo or upload from a file(s) that you already have on your camera or desktop. It must be of you, but don’t worry you don’t have to show your face if you don’t want to. There is even a face blurring option available on the site. The photo just needs to be from your neck to feet so I can see the whole ensemble.
- Now the fun part. In the box next to the photo(s) that you uploaded, let me know where you’re going and why. For instance, are any of the outfits meant for a first date? Maybe an interview for your dream job? Or maybe a night out on the town with friends? Whatever it may be, let’s be honest, the where and why you are going is the the most important key to getting the look just right. The more information regarding what type of styling advice/help you would like, the better. This way, I can help you find the right items to go with your outfits or can show you how to wear a featured item more than one way. (Reeeeeemix!)
- Lastly, I’d love to know what you are wearing, so definitely share the clothing brands that make up the outfit in order to give me a better sense of your taste and style.
3. How To Win
- Leave a comment on this post with your name, why you would like my styling advice/help, and a link to your profile on GTIO, no later than 2PM Friday, January 14th. The three winners will be picked at random using the site Random.org and will be notified via email by 3PM.
4. Spreading The Word
- Make sure to “Like” them on their Facebook page and follow them on Twitter. You can also feel free (in fact we’d love it if you would) to share your look(s) with the GTIO community (you can be featured on the homepage!) or keep it private and share with only your friends via email, Facebook or Twitter!
That’s it, folks! Easy peasy, simple pimple. As I am sure you can tell, I’m beyond excited for Friday night and can’t wait to start style advising with some of my very own readers! Get pumped people, it’s going to be a good time!